Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cleaning the garage...

My garage, or more appropriately, my shop is an undeniable disaster right now. It didn't happen overnight, but it is the worst its ever been. Labor day weekend was the turning point from lightly messy to nightmare. That weekend we put a patio door into our upstairs bedroom wall. Next spring a small deck will be built there too. This is the first step in making our bedroom suite. It might take years, but one step at a time...right?
.
Anyway, the mess was never completely cleaned up from that work....oh, we also painted our house, replaced the chimney cap, and cut-split-stacked firewood, and I started the Allen county Sheriff Reserve Academy. This along with everything else to get ready for fall and winter kept me away from tidy-ing up MY space.
.
Today I ventured out there with certain dred and uncertainty as to where to begin. Closest to the door is where started, but I quickly moved through the shop on went to work. But then I realised that I needed to makea run to Menards to get some bird seed, a hatchet, and some peanuts. The temp was nearing 50, so I decided to make ONE last run on the Goldwing. But it wouldn't start - weak battery. Put on the charger and went back to work.
.
The ride was wonderful! There is something strange about riding a motorcyce and listening to Christmas music...but that fits my style.
.
I've made great progress, but there is more to do...right now I've gotta get my football fix.

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Carl:
When it comes to "garage-101", the best place to start is remembering three real simple things:

1) shelving
2) hooks
3) bins

-Shelving is for stuff you always get at, but is too small to be laying around for you to fall over.

-Hooks are for the long tools that can be taken from a corner and, well...hung up on the wall along with bicycles and anything else that can be hung (politicians not included)- pegboard works for that nicely.

-Bins are for all the flotsam that can't be placed in the FIRST TWO categories....LOL!

Happy cleaning.
And a Merry Christmas to you and yours.

B.G.

Phil Marx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.