Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Latest Loss - KEYS

On Wednesday, July 3, I lost my keys! They have yet to return from the vortex.

As important as keys are how did I lose them? Well I also have a Honda Goldwing that I have its own key for that I don't keep on my 'regular' keyring because of weight and size. My keyring is NOT an ordinary keyring. It is actually two keyrings joined by a clasp like you would find on a dog leash. One ring has all door keys and is on the 'fixed' side of the clasp, while the other ring has only ignition keys and is removable from the clasp. That way I can start my vehicles and still lock the doors.

I went to my Wednesday golf league (on the Goldwing) and I always put my cellphone, wallet, Goldwing keyring, and my regular keyring into a zipped pocket in the golfbag. Everything appeared to be okay. I was in a hurry when I left, so I only removed my wallet, Goldwing key, and cellphone. When I got home, the garage door was already open so I didn't have to use my keys.

With everything going on for our annual 4thof July party, I was off of work Thursday, and did all my errands on the Goldwing. It was Sunday when I noticed my keys missing. Between Wednesday and Sunday, I had done thousands of things, and been many places, I even cleaned my garage - Where did they go?

I have tore apart everywhere the could be, along with any concievable hiding spot! No keys! After waiting over a week, I finally admitted that they were in the VORTEX, and went about replacing them. What a drag!

2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Carl:
Love the blog...!
And I can SO realte to lost keys...and glasses...and remotes...and whatever ELSE decides to "visit the vortex".
I call it the "quantum black hole" myself...LOL!
I can't call it the TWILIGHT ZONE - that's where I LIVE (the south side)

ANd don't you know things ALWAYS disappear when you NEED them, and not one blessed moment sooner?

My wife was looking for her cellphone (she swapped purses), and I placed it IN her old purse. She looked THREE TIMES in her new purse, and nothing.
She checked the old purse...again, nothing.
On the FOURTH look-see, she found it in the new purse.
I figure the vortex collapsed before it could fully integrate her cellphone. Blame it on sunspots, or another anomaly.
I find that when stuff vanishes, the best place to look is the LAST PLACE you'd THINK of looking.

The hard part is remembering what that place could possibly be.
(socks in the FRIDGE?)

B.G.

Kristina said...

I always lose my keys.

ALWAYS.